Wednesday, July 10, 2013

He Really Is Unbreakable

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

You know that feeling: You get excited over a new Michael Jackson product/show/album, you spend days in an MJ hangover with a silly smile on your face..and then reality hits. And when I say "reality" I mean those bastards who try to destroy Michael every opportunity that they get, especially when something positive happens.

I had just come back from seeing MJONE, all up in my Michael-ness, when the shit hit the fan. Granted, shit had already hit said fan with Spade Robson's (yes, Spade) allegations that Michael molest him, and this of course leaked on the worst possible moment ever MY BIRTHDAY. Anyhoo, faster than you could say "Shamoan" stories came out about the FBI files, Michael haters started cackling and spreading their hate around Twitter, and let's not forget the AEG/Katherine Jackson trial (geesh).

All of this news is enough to make a fan go crazy. Just when I think it's ok to pop my head out and embrace the fact that finally, Michael Jackson is accepted back into the mouths and minds positively, this shit happens.   My theory is that any good thing spread about Michael, the haters have to counteract with something negative. Can't have good stuff in related to Michael Jackson because that would be ridiculous!! We need to throw something out there, anything, doesn't matter if it sticks, we need to tear him down!

Really, people? Now I could go on and rant about each and every piece of BS that I've heard about Michael Jackson since I've been born and try to decode them once and for all. But I'm just going to list them:

Michael Jackson lives in an oxygen chamber.

Michael Jackson builds a shrine to Elizabeth Taylor in his bedroom.

Michael Jackson wants to buys the Elephant Man's Bones. 

Michael Jackson wanted to be a woman, that is why he took female hormone pills to change his voice.

Michael Jackson adopted triplet babies and wants to create his own planet. 

Michael Jackson doesn't like being black, that is why he bleached his skin. 

Michael Jackson abuses young boys.

Michael Jackson died a virgin.


There's plenty more, but you get the idea. Just looking at these now are laughable to me, but at the same time there are people that still believe these rumors, and said rumors continue to circulate. It's funny to me how even today there are tweets and reports of the same shit that's been recycled for the past 30 years. Not to be crude, but if you're going to give me something, make it original! (I heard one rumor that Michael will come back and the first sign would be glittery gloves falling from the sky, but I think the viewer was under the influence of something and watching the MTV VMA 2009 MJ Commercial.)


With all this crap going on, I began to fill disheartened. Why do people obsess over this man and want to continuously bash him? Why won't they let him rest in peace? While contemplating this, I was off doing errands one day as I usually do. While in my car I put on the Invincible album. You know how you can listen to a song a billion times, sing along with it, then one time you hear it and BAM! it hits you? You finally get it? I've heard (and badly sung along to) Unbreakable many, many times but it felt like out of all days, I understood what he was trying to say:

Now you can't stop me even thought you think 
that if you block me, you've done your thing 
and when you bury me underneath all your pain 
I´m steady laughin', while surfacing 

Don't you ever make no mistake 
baby I've got what it takes 
and there's no way you'll ever get to me 
Why can't you see that you'll never ever hurt me 
'cause I wont let it be, see I'm too much for you baby 










Those lyrics made me realize this: Yes, people will continue to talk shit about Michael Jackson, and they do this because they have nothing else going on in their lives that is worth while. They are jealous and even a bit fearful because Michael Jackson has got a lot of friggin' power. They spend days and nights with their hatred building up inside of them when they see Michael making money, or his music is playing in a public place. They are fearful of something they can't understand, jealous of the power he has to unite people, and at the end of the day, are sad human beings. I actually feel a bit sorry for some of them, they spend all that time and energy on something they cannot break or shake. Believe me, these stories and more will be created and continue long after you and I are gone.




But I've realized in the last few years the tides are turning. Call in cosmic energy, positive juju, whatever, but I can feel it. Check out YT and watch how fans as young as 2 and as old as 102 are dancing to his music. Las Vegas was brimming with Michael love all over the Strip. From Brooklyn to Bangkok, from the CEO of a major company, to the child in the slums of Dona Marta, the love for Michael Jackson will go on. He lives on in the hearts and minds of those who love him. He may be gone physically, they may continue to destroy his image, but he is here now, stronger than ever before. He is Unbreakable.



No comments:

Post a Comment